« »

Bennie Boy

Bennie has found his forever home!  We are so happy for Bennie and his new family!

Update: 9/17/12: An application has already been received on this pug. We process adoption applications on a first-come, first-served basis, however there is no guarantee that a prior application will be accepted or an adoption take place. If you would like to be placed on the waiting list of potential adopters for this pug, please go ahead and file your application. If you would rather not wait for this pug, we encourage you to browse our other “Available” pugs to see if any others capture your heart, or file an adoption application describing to us the type of pug you are looking for (age, color, sex, etc.) and we will match you up with the first pug available meeting your description.

Update: 3/4/12:  I am finally ready to find my forever home.  It has been determined that I am mostly deaf, but I can see just fine.  I take medication for my thyroid, but it is only a $4 drug at Target/Walmart.  Other than that, I am a perfectly healthy senior pug looking for a special place in someone’s heart.  If you are the home for me, and would love the very best of companions, please fil out an application and ask for me, Bennie Boy.

Update: 11/9/11: I have great news!  My re-check of bloodwork came back today and my liver levels have normalized.  I have a slightly low thyroid, but nothing a little medicine can’t control.  I am not ready for my forever home yet, but I am doing well and will eventually be available for adoption.  Keep checking back to see how I’m doing.  I am not giving up!

Update: 11/8/11:  I am on medication for my infection.  My bloodwork showed very low liver levels, but I am slowly getting better.  I am getting my strength back little by little as well.  Please check back to see how I’m doing.

Update: 10/27/11:  I have been moved back into waiting as I went in to the doctor today and my bloodwork showed I have a very severe infection and we are not sure what it is yet or what the treatment will be.  Please stay tuned and check back for more information to come.

Hi, I’m Bennie Boy.  My former owner went to a nursing home and could not care for me any longer.  I am in rescue and looking for my forever home.  I am 13 years old, but you would never know.  I have a lot of spunk and have no trouble getting up and down off the furniture.  I get along well with other dogs and just want a home to call my own.  I am up to date on shots, neutered, micro-chipped and heartworm negative.  If you are interested in making me a member of your family, please fill out an application and ask for me, Benny Boy!  Can’t wait to meet you!

Adoption Fee:  $175  (I qualify for our Seniors for Seniors program, so when you call, please ask about it.)

8 Responses to “Bennie Boy”

1. Lori says:

Hi Bennie! I saw you at the SPCA and hoped you were ok. I was there the day you came in. I couldn’t stop thinking about you, so I called them a few days later to make sure you were going to be taken care of. I was just browsing the net and here you are! I’m so glad you are getting love. :)

• Pug Rescue says:

Hi Lori,
      Bennie is doing well. He is healing and getting stronger every day. Please stay tuned to his page for updates. We are hopeful that he will be very adoptable once he is better.
      Thanks, Dana-Medical Director

2. Rebecca says:

How is Bennie doing? Could you tell me more about what the Seniors for Seniors program is? Thanks so much.

• Pug Rescue says:

Hi Rebecca,

Bennie is doing GREAT! He is a very sweet, slow moving guy. He loves to cuddle and be wherever you are. He is healthy for a senior pug. The Senior for Senior Porgram is for a pug over the age of 9 and a human companion over the age of 65. If you qualify for this program, we waive the adoption fee and just ask for a donation to help put toward the medical costs for the pug. Whatever you feel would be appropriate, will be appreciated and accepted. If you are interested in Bennie, please fill out an adoption application for him. Brittany, our Adoption Coordinator will get in touch with you.

Thanks, Dana-Foster/Medical Director

3. Rebecca says:

Thanks so much for the information! We have two 10-year-old pugs of our own and financially cannot take on another, or we would be very interested in Bennie. I am interested in adopting and/or fostering in the future, especially senior pugs, so we will definitely contact CFPR when ready. Good luck Bennie!

• Pug Rescue says:

Thank you Rebecca. We are here when you are ready. If you like, we are always looking for volunteers to help at events. It is a great way for you to spend time and love on some pugs! You may fill out the volunteer application on the website. We will be at the Petco in Sanford today if you would like to come out and meet us. Thanks,-Dana Foster/Medical Director

4. Carmen says:

I met Bennie at Petco last sat. I put in an application to adopt him last tues. I hope he will join my other pugs.

5. Carmen says:

How is Bennie doing? I like to welcome him soon in our home, got 2-pugs and a chihuawa for his playmate.